What is personal data?
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) defines in Article 4 Paragraph 1 GDPR in its definitions what is meant by personal data:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as the “data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, inparticular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, anonline identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person; […].”
The use of our website is always possible without providing personal data. Wherever personal data(such as name, address or e-mail addresses) is collected on our website, it is always on a voluntary basis in accordance with the terms provided.
1. Name and contact details of the controller and data protection officer
TIM CONSULT GmbH
Data protection officer of the controller
Data protection queries can be sent to the data protection officer of the controller via e-mail
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.transportmarketmonitor.com the browser used on your device
automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in what is referred to as a log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
– IP address of the requesting computer,
– Date and time of access,
– Name and URL of the retrieved file,
– Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
– Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your internet service provider.
The data given is processed by us for the following purposes:
– Ensuring smooth connection to the website,
– Ensuring ease of use of our website,
– Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
– for additional administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing here is Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest arises from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of tracing your personal details.
b) Use of our information services / Transport Market Monitor
If, in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR, you have expressly consented via our corresponding form, to sign up for the Transport Market Monitor, we will use your e-mail address to inform you regularly about desired services. These services (see below) relate to the area of providing insights into the development of transport market dynamics.
I) DOI registration
To register for our Transport Market Monitor , we use what is known as the double-opt-in-procedure (DOI). This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you provide, in which we ask you via a confirmation link that you confirm your subscription to the Transport Market Monitor. If you do not confirm your subscription within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and after 1 month it will be automatically deleted. In addition, we store the IP addresses you used and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to prove your subscription and to be able to detect possible misuse of your personal data.
II) Compulsory information
The only requirement for getting access to the Transport Market Monitor is your e-mail address. The specification of additional, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of accessing the Transport Market Monitor. The legal basis for this is defined in Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR.
III) Revocation of consent / cancellation
You can revoke your consent to the sending of our Transport Market Monitor at any time by
unsubscribing. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided in every e-mail or by sending an e-mail to unsubscribe[at]transportmarketmonitor.com.
Transport Market Monitor (TMM)
The TMM provides insights into the development of transport market dynamics especially regarding capacities and prices. The data comes directly out of the logistics platform TRANSPOREON. This results in indices which are published monthly on the password protected area of the Transport Market Monitor. The subscribers receive notifications for available updates. www.transportmarketmonitor.com
c) Use of our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form / e-mail address provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who the request came from and how to answer it. Additional information can be provided voluntarily. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is done in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR based on your voluntarily granted consent. The personal data collected by us for use in the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of the request made by you.
3. Disclosure of data
We provide the data stored here to our affiliates:
– TRANSPOREON GmbH, Magirus-Deutz-Straße 16, 89077 Ulm, Germany
– MERCAREON GmbH, Pfarrer-Weiss-Weg 12, 89077 Ulm, Germany
– TICONTRACT GmbH, Heisinger Straße 12, 87437 Kempten, Germany
– TRANSPOREON Sp. z o.o., ul. Kamieńskiego 47, 30-644 Kraków, Poland
Furthermore, we pass on the stored data to our affiliates outside of the European Union or the
European Economic Area:
– TRANSPOREON Group Americas Inc., 500 Office Center Drive, Suite 400, 19034 Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, USA
– TRANSPOREON Group Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., 60 Paya Lebar Road, Paya Lebar Square, 409051 Singapore, Singapore
– Transporeon OOO, Kazachiy Pereulok 7, basement, room 3, 119017 Moscow, Russia
The European affiliates and the affiliates outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area have implemented and transcribed the EU standard contractual clauses in order to guarantee an adequate level of data protection and to ensure the legal requirement Art. 44 et seq. GDPR.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR and is based on your consent given under section 2. b) or 2. c).
a) Session cookies
website before. These cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time. The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes of safeguarding our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a prompt is always displayed before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you will not be able to all the features on our website.
b) Munchkin cookies
This cookie from Marketo EMEA Ltd. (https:// marketo.com/company/) (Cairn House - South County Business Park, Leopardstown Road, Dublin 18, Ireland; hereinafter referred to as “Marketo”) allows us to provide you with targeted advertising, based on your personal activities on our website. We only use Munchkin cookies for targeted advertising cookies if you give your consent, e.g. by registering for our information services / Transport Market Monitor (see section 2 b). The cookie is automatically saved in your browser when you visit our website, but it cannot identify you without your prior consent. This cookie expires 24 months after its storage.
5. Analysis tools [“Tracking”]
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimisation of our website. Furthermore, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our services. Our interests are to be regarded as justified based on the aforementioned GDPR provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
For the purpose of ensuring a needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc (https://www.google.com/intl/en/about/ourcompany/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
– Browser type/version,
– Operating system being used,
– Referrer URL (the page previously visited),
– Hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
– Time of server query,is sent to a server of Google in the USA and stored there.
The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailoring of this website. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that no assignment is possible (IP masking). You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case not all features of this website may be fully available. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link: Disable Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie will be set that will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will need to set the opt-out cookie again. For more information relating to data privacy in connection with Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Analytics help system (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
6. Social media plug-ins
Reliant to Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR, our website uses Social Plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Twitter, XING and LinkedIn to publicise the TRANSPOREON Group. The underlying commercial purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the content of the GDPR. Responsibility for the operations compliant with data protection is to be guaranteed by the respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by us is carried out via what is known as the two-click method to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way.
You will find on our website plugins of the social network LinkedIn / LinkedIn Corporation (2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as "LinkedIn"). The plugins, especially the Share button of LinkedIn can be recognised by the corresponding logo.
Please note that when you visit our website, the plugin establishes a connection between your
7. Rights of the data subject
Given below is information on your rights in connection with your personal data:
– According to Art. 15 GDPR, you may request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the rights to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing, or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the source of the data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the details;
– According to Art. 16 GDPR, you may immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
– According to Art. 17 GDPR, you may also request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless processing such data is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
– According to Art. 18 GDPR, you may request the limitation of processing of your personal data if the accuracy of your data is disputed, the processing is unlawful, but if you decline the deletion of such data and we no longer require the data, however you require the data for the assertion, exercise, or defence of legal claims, or if you have objected to the data processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR (see section 8);
– According to Art. 20 GDPR, you may receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or require it to be forwarded to another responsible party;
– According to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, you may revoke your consent previously given to us at any time. As a result, we are not permitted to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
– According to Art. 77 GDPR, you may complain to a supervisory authority. You are normally
permitted to contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or
our registered office.
8. Right to object
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation, or the objection relates to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us with no requirement to give a specific reason.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to